Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas 2011: Living the Miracle

Greetings from Kokomo, Indiana, once again. This afternoon, I sit here, warm and snug, and watch the snow whipping across the roof of the garage. "They" say there’s a possible blizzard headed this way. Around here, you often hear folks decrying those Snow Birds who flee to the south. Hmmm. As I age, I’m falling out of love with the ‘change of the seasons’ and all.

Daughter Allyson, dug in in San Antonio, says that yes, she’d like to see some autumn colors but “there’s nothing I miss that a weekend trip can’t fix.” We will be headed her way shortly. They swim outside in December down there.

Speaking of Allyson, she has been selected as Chief Resident at Brooks Army Hospital so looks forward to regular hours and more time with her boys. And those boys! Drew is half way through first grade. He signed the Christmas card all by himself, with excellent printing. Noah is learning his letters and colors in preschool. He already has the ‘spin a story’ skills down pat.

Son Zach is closing in on his degree from IU. We have a date for celebratory dinner next weekend.

I am closing down this first semester at Kokomo High School and am looking forward to the next one.

And Mike. Well, he remains the miracle man. In November, he received another clean bill of health from his oncologist and his blood work, in her words, was “pristine.”

So as you have been praying for a miracle, let’s celebrate the season by sharing in this miracle.

Lately, I’ve been reading in Romans. I find it comforting that when I don’t know how to pray, the Spirit helps me by taking my confused yearnings and prays in my place. (Romans 8:26,27)

Join us also in praising God for His amazing gift to us all, His Son, Jesus Christ. With God’s arms around us, we lift our faces to 2011.

1 comment:

  1. I give her the friend of the year award. Thank you so much for the magazine subscriptions for the girls next year. You are so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete