Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Meet with the Doctor/Go to School

Tuesday's appointment with Mike's doctor was mostly good news. Mike's vacation from chemo has helped his body re establish its strength. All those blood numbers are up and good.

He told his doctor that he hasn't 'felt this good' in a long time. Other numbers indicate that, as she says, "Well, you have the disease. It's just a number."

Mike's current plan is to head back up to the lake as I begin back to school. We've had two work days and the games REALLY begin tomorrow.

This could be a good plan. I can stay late any day, work ahead, and then dash up to the lake right after school on Friday.

There are lots of changes at school. It will be a new challenge on several fronts. But, for me, being in my classroom is a statement of normalcy, so it's all good.

We will continue to keep you posted. For now, please remember to pray for my sister-in-law Janelle and her husband, who happens to be my baby brother. Ken and I just chatted. He echos some of our experiences 2 years ago.

Funny how life works, isn't it? No time to ruminate about that. We are God's children. This, right now, is the Plan.

Thanks for joining with us.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your first full week of school goes well. miss you both, praying for you both!

    ReplyDelete