Thursday, February 4, 2010

Was'sup?

You may be wondering, "Where are the Bolingers?"

Or not.

We know that our friends continue to pray for us. We are grateful and blessed.

We are here, in north central Indiana, awaiting the arrival of a most interesting weather system. The guy on the radio said that the forecast was for 'somewhere between 1/2 inch of rain to 4 - 7 inches of snow. Something about the way she blows.

We are fine, navigating through the new paradigm, that being the wife at work and the hub at home.

Some of you may remember that I wrote a weekly, self-syndicated newspaper column for about 10 years. When I landed by dream teaching assignment, that being assigned to junior English which is American Literature, my job consumed so much of my creative juice, I had little left over for quality writing.

Well, here I am, again, wading into my group of 17 year olds, sharing with them my knowledge about, admittedly, a limited subject and taking them by the hand through The Scarlet Letter, The Great Gatsby, and Their Eyes Were Watching God.

Loving it. And them. And, yes, the hub was right; it was time to return to the classroom.

However, it leaves little juice for writing. I currently have 3 or 4 partial pieces and really must must must get back to them. And I will.

Over breakfast the other day, a close friend explained that her family is seeking new areas of service and that the adventure can be unsettling. I told her that for right now, Mike and I are sure, are absolutely sure, that we are at the place that the Lord wants us. Our church, our friends, our students, our family, and every other aspect of our lives is, right now, what God wants for us.

This is an amazing condition. We know that often believers step out blindly, in faith, and sometimes lack this assurance. And so, for my friend, I ask for the same thing.

And for all of you.

Bundle up.

No comments:

Post a Comment